A gateway is required for collecting data from all hive monitors at the apiary and transmitting to the User Interface for analysis via 2G, 3G or 4G networks. Gateways are battery powered (with the option to integrate solar panels - sold separately) and has its own transmission capability.
*Subscription required - Please visit out data section within the shop for more details.
*product may vary from what is pictured (appearance but not functionality)
- GSM (up to 4G/LTE)
- SIM card compatibility: Soracom Bluetooth 5.0
The gateway has the same on board sensors as the hive unit. The gateway can also provide basic ambient weather conditions in the apiary (temperature and humidity) or be fitted externally to a hive to provide additional acoustic data (such as flight activity).
- Automatic GPS Location of the unit (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS)
- Two on board lithium iron batteries (5.2Ah) and external 5V USB micro input for charging (power bank or solar)
- Estimated battery life: 6 months (based on 4x in hive sensors & 6x data relays per day with no additional power supply)
- ADC input for additional external temperature sensor
Size and Weight
- PCB Dimensions: 160mm x 40mm.
- Case Dimensions: 235mm x 190mm x 20mm
- Weight including enclosure and batteries: 800g
- API available for scientific data analysis
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
12 month warranty on all products.