Arnia Pro Scale
Arnia pro hive scales enable you to remotely monitor the weight of your hive. The hive scales integrate with our hive monitoring system so you can compare hive weight data with colony activity which is an invaluable aid for colony management. You can:-
- Map the nectar flow: Track weight gain over time to see the start and finish of the nectar flow.
- Identify when the supers are full: Set maximum weight threshold to receive an automatic alert when the supers are full.
- Identify when winter feeding is required: Set minimum weight threshold to receive an email/SMS alert when winter store levels are low and the bees need feeding.
- Receive swarming and robbing alerts: Receive an automatic email/SMS alert when there is sudden or sharp drop in daytime weight. This can mean robbing or a swarm.
- Compare colony strength and productivity: See which colonies are most productive throughout the season.
You can access the weight data at any time from any internet enabled device.
- Accurate measurement of uneven loads: There are 4 load cells (one in each corner) which ensure accurate measurement even if the weight is distributed unevenly.
- Maintain ventilation and Varroa control through open mesh floors. Our unique hollow centre ‘Doughnut’ Design’ allows mites and debris to fall from the hive and maintains ventilation through open mesh floors.
- Low profile: The scales are only 3.5cm high and therefore do not significantly alter the height of your hives.
- Completely wireless: the pro scales connect to your gateway via Bluetooth, taking seconds to install and no wires for mice to chew!
- Rechargeable battery: internal battery can be recharged using a solar panel, estimated battery life of 12 months without charge.
- Accurate to +/- 100g with a maximum load of 160kg